Space DAO is a groundbreaking project started as part of
the European Space Agency's campaign about Cognitive Cloud Computing
ran on the Open Space Innovation Platform
What is Space DAO?
Space DAO is a technical implementation for the governance of space applications with high uncertainty and collaboration challenges.
It designed to:
- Establish consensus on measurements and data from multiple sources
- Enhance quality assurance through network consensus
- Create a thriving marketplace for data insights and analytics
Our unique approach empowers a diverse range of stakeholders to contribute and benefit from our platform. These stakeholders include:
- Data providers: Contributors who share measurements and analyses, receiving rewards for their valuable input
- Data users: Professionals who leverage the knowledge within Space DAO for their projects, potentially becoming data providers themselves by offering their analyses
- Regulators and Space Policy makers: the analysts and thinkers who build and test new rules for space traffic, disaster response or any other space application organisation
- Maintainers: Developers who make sure rules are well implemented to support healthy automated network interactions
Challenges We Address
Space DAO aims to provide a comprehensive solution for these challenges, fostering collaboration, trust, and efficiency in the space industry.
Space Situational Awareness faces several pressing issues today:
- Increasing numbers of defunct or rogue satellites posing risks to other satellites
- Overwhelming variations in data certainty across a growing number of data providers
- Multiple, often conflicting measurements with no mathematical single source of truth per collision warning
- Lack of standardized agreements for effective rule-making
- Distrust and absence of timely, accurate data
This disruptive platform offers unique features:
- Consensus Mechanism and Governance: Space DAO integrates a consensus mechanism and a governance system, ensuring agreements are reached effectively and efficiently.
- Data Trust Augmentation: By fusing data from various sources for each event, Space DAO increases each event's trustworthiness.
- Network Consensus Distribution: Our platform provides a consensus distribution for each measurement, allowing users to assess data conformity.
- Delta to Network Consensus: Providers can benchmark their data against network consensus, ensuring data quality assurance and improvement.
Join the community on this journey as we pioneer a new era of space applications governance and help shape a fair and collaborative future for the space industry.